Not all real estate and letting agents offer block management services, but at A & F property management forms the cornerstone of our comprehensive residential property service. At its simplest, residential block and property management entails taking care of all the mundane day to day concerns that accompany owning a block of flats or large estates. This includes navigating emergencies, managing finances and providing strategic advice relating to long term maintenance and improvement that is essential when it comes to protecting the value of your asset.
General Management services are not limited to but include:
- General advice on the property, reports on current matters, attendance and arranging meetings if required, such as AGM's and taking minutes.
- Maintenance of property records.
- Property supervision, checking compliance with lease covenants and reporting on matters that require decisions, such as applications to assign, sub-let or alter property and liaising with solicitors.
- Periodic property inspections and reporting on state of repair, decoration, use and other relevant matters.
- Day-to-day maintenance matters and minor redecoration of communal areas and paying outgoings.
- Bringing to the Client's attention any relevant matters concerning property insurance including the need to prepare valuations, renew policies, revise cover or notify any claims or potential claims.
Rent Collection, Financial and Accounting services are not limited to but include:
- Collection of ground rents, service charges and other property income and liaison with clients and solicitors on collection of arrears.
- Management of funds in specially designated accounts.
- Preparation of quarterly income and expenditure reports as well as budget compliance accounts.
- Identifying and paying all expenses properly incurred in respect of suppliers, insurers, contractors, staff and consultants.
Management of Service Charge services are not limited to but include:
- Arranging and reviewing as necessary contracts to fulfill all the landlord’s obligations to tenants, legal and otherwise.
- Appointing contractors and supervising, on behalf of the landlord, such contractors as are required.
- Appointing, on the landlord’s instructions, specialist consultants with regard to structural alterations, plant and machinery repairs and replacements, etc.
- Authorising invoices and payment of all outgoings.
- Preparing annual budget costs and statements of income and expenditure for future periods.
Additional Services Available
- For additional fees, we will also prepare specifications and tenders for major works requiring Section 20 notices, arrange for the provision of Company Secretarial services and deal with Health and Safety issues.
- We can also offer Energy Performance Certificates (EPC's) that are required for sale or letting property together with advice on energy and renewable technology.
- For purchasers of property we are able to provide Home Condition Surveys – regulated by SAVA.
- How much?
- Our fees are calculated on a block by block basis. Please call 01278 782 266 or email us and we will be pleased to give you details on our pricing.
- When contacting us we will need to know how many flats (and houses if applicable) are in your block or estate.